Sunday, June 22, 2014

Time to reveal part of my dark past

Everyone... this is Larry.



This video was sent to me on Twitter by @NYCRobin - asking if this was a friend of mine. As soon as his nose broke the surface, I knew.

Shortly after I was tagged by Ocearch.org back in August, Larry and I met off New Jersey.

 Now if you've been following my story for a while, you'll know that I'm not a fan of the Garden State. As I've said before, I kid New Jersey because... well... it's New Jersey. The water off the Jersey Shore is always really greasy and there's an unusual amount of pee. I realize Superstorm Sandy was tragic for many humans, but for the #sharkworld, it actually helped wash away a lot of the issues that were in the water there. But the water isn't why I hold a grudge against the big N.J. - it's Larry.

See (I can't believe I'm admitting this) Larry and I dated briefly. At first things were great, but then I started noticing my stuff missing. After about a week or so, I realized Larry was a thief. He would take e'ry thing. Coral, pearls, ... shoot... he'd steal the teeth out yo mouth.

I woke up one night and he was trying to take the tracker off my fin. That's when I knew I had to go. So I started swimming south and well, you can follow my path from there.

But as I watched the video, I was really surprised by the #SillyHumans in the boat. Here they are with a bag of yummy food hanging over the side of their boat and their actually surprised that Larry came up and took it. For realz?

Look we aren't all like Larry, but if you dangle food out over the water, of course we're going to take it. But we aren't the only ones that will still your stuff. See below - and these aren't even food...

Exhibit A: Octopus will steal your stuff.


Exhibit B: Lions will steal your stuff.


Exhibit C: And Crabs. Crabs will steal your stuff.


And birds? Birds will steal your baby...


Just sayin'. If you leave you're stuff out... we're likely to take it.

1 comment: